Battery break-in procedures
New Battery Break-in Procedures
- The first charge could take 6-8 hours, depending on your charger time.
- After the first charge, drive the cart 6 miles round trip and then recharge.
- Next, go 12 miles round trip for the next 5 charges, recharging after each trip.
- After the above steps, you should notice the distance starting to increase. Use your own judgement and after 50-60 charges, your batteries are ready to perform at their full potential.
- For new batteries, check the water once a month for the first 2 years. On the 3rd year and following, check every 3 weeks.
- If you live in a small community with limited travel, charge the cart every 2-3 days (non-Village residents). Excludes Del Webb Spruce Creek and Stonecrest.
- Note: You cannot base the need to charge your cart by reading the gauge on your cart with your cart sitting still.
Thank you for choosing Battery Boys and if you have any questions, please call us at (352) 643-1241.